Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 9: August 4, 2011

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! I'm getting really tired from class and tutoring every day. I'm glad it's almost the weekend so I can relax a little and review and prepare for next week's lessons. Hopefully I will get some shopping in this weekend too, and maybe go to the Forbidden City; I still have to ask Jing Jing if we can go.

Today went pretty much the same as all my other days this week: wake up early, go to class, hang out for a bit, go to tutoring, come home and relax/study. I called my parents today after class, though, which was something different. We didn't talk for too long because it was past midnight in the US when I called, but it was nice to speak to them.

Tonight has been quite relaxing. Jing Jing brought me dinner again when she came home from work, because she ate out with her classmates. Today I had rice (mifan), egg (jidan), and baicai (bok choy). (I just realized this was almost the same thing I ate last night...okay so last night it wasn't baicai that I had then, it was some other vegetable, maybe some cabbage-like thing). I have eaten a lot of eggs since I got here! But it's okay, because they are all good. And I really like baicai now. I hope they have it in America. I've heard of it before, but I don't know if I've ever seen it. It's definitely something that I would eat when I come back to the US.

I really miss home, but I am having a good time here. However, I know I will definitely be ready for good old America by the end of the month. I miss salad a lot, and fresh fruits and vegetables (which they have here, but I shouldn't eat unless cooked). I also miss cereal every morning, and eating whatever I want (fruits and vegetables), and drinking ice cold water. Can't wait to come home to see everyone, but for now I will enjoy the rest of my time in China and the great opportunities it has given me.

Next thing on my list, besides shopping this weekend, is to eat at McDonald's. I hear it's better here than in the US, so we'll see!

1 comment: