Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 8: August 3, 2011

Fourth day of class went all right. It's not that the material is difficult, because I already know a lot of it from previous lessons in college, but it's hard because my teacher only speaks in Chinese. Half the time I don't know what she is saying, but I can still follow the class pretty well. I just wish I could understand more...maybe if she didn't speak so fast I would be able to!

Again when class was over, I went to study some more and then walked around campus until 2 when I had tutoring. When that was over at 4, I decided to walk home today. It was breezy and not too sunny out, so I didn't get too hot while walking home. On the way, I stopped in a few clothing stores and the grocery store. I bought some Cheerios, yay!! And also a few bananas, one of which I ate on the way home. Finally I got home, and caught up on some American TV shows online :)  When I was done with that, I studied and previewed the lesson for tomorrow's class, and read a book.

We ate dinner tonight around 8:45. We had rice (mifan), some leftover jidan (eggs) with tomatoes, and some kind of vegetables, which I think were baicai (bok choy). Everything was really good again, and I am so full! We are supposed to make jaozi (dumplings) sometime soon, and then I am supposed to show my family how to make pizza. Hopefully we can find the ingredients for it!

Nothing much interesting happened today. Hmm, one thing I haven't talked about yet are the beds here. They are very hard, and they don't really use nice pillows here either; they are very flat. The towels for showers are also different. They use small towels like hand towels for showers, and so finally I couldn't take it anymore and I had to go buy a big towel :)

Well I guess that's all for tonight. Talk to everyone tomorrow!

1 comment: