Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 20: August 15, 2011

Day 20! I can't believe I've been in China for twenty days already. It seems like not long ago I was packing to get ready for my trip. Now I'm over halfway done. I understand what everyone said about taking advantage of my time, because it is really slipping away now.

We are into our last week of classes. After this week, we have a writing/reading test on Monday and the oral test on Tuesday. Wednesday I'm assuming we pick up our results and Thursday I get on the plane to head home. I'm going to definitely make the most of the rest of my time here. I've decided to try to order food, or poke around and see what kind of food I can get on the streets. I also need to buy something! I haven't really bought any souvenirs except the chopsticks and I got my sister a watch with Mao Zedong on it. So I'd better get buying, because before I know it there won't be any time left.

I also want to talk to more people in Chinese. It's hard to get a lot of practice in because my host parents come home very late, and Jing Jing usually only speaks to me in English. I talk to her in Chinese, and then she responds in Chinese, but I really need to talk to more people! A few people have approached me and I've exchanged a few words with them, but I need to have a conversation now. Tomorrow I'm going to try to talk to someone, either while waiting for the bus or while looking for food. I hope they will be willing to talk to me.

Now I'm going to write a little blurb in Chinese:


昨天晚上下雨了。忽然我起床,外面又打雷,又打闪。所以我关窗户了。今天天气还不好,不过今天很凉快。上课的时候我带雨伞 万一下雨。在大学,我跟同学们学了弟十五课。下课以后我买了两个香蕉。我吃了一个。然后我去过餐厅为了学习的。我等了我的家庭教师。家庭教师以后我回家。在家,我 又休息,又学习,又用电脑。晶晶给我带回来晚饭的。我吃饭了。然后我去房间里为了学习。明天我们学弟十六课。我希望我记得生词。
明天见!

I hope I didn't butcher it too much. But practice makes perfect, so there you go. Two things to end on before I go to bed:
1. I haven't seen the moon since I got to Beijing.
2. Last night I realized I have been eating seaweed for the past few weeks, and I like it.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment