Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 24: August 19, 2011

Today was another very beautiful day. I'm really starting to love it here because of the weather!

This morning I got some street food for breakfast, and it was so delicious. It was another bread/egg thing, but this was just 2 of those with some delicious sauce in the middle. It was so good, I want it just thinking about it! I'm definitely going to get it again before I leave Beijing. I also got some weird drink with it, which tasted okay at first but after a few sips I decided I didn't like at all. It was some hot milk-looking drink, and tasted a little sweet but a little like soy or something. It started to gross me out so I didn't finish it.


I had my last class today, and we just reviewed and talked about the format of the written test. It's going to have 6 parts: multiple choice; finish the sentences; fill in the blanks; true or false; write sentences; and write an article. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm just worried about writing the sentences and article, but I think I can do all right with it. If I study I should be okay. Then Tuesday I have the oral exam, which I don't think will be too difficult either if I study.

After class I sat outside and read and ate lunch before I went to tutoring. Also my last day of tutoring! I'm excited that classes are over. Now I just get to relax and study until I come home. I'm going to do some exciting things this week and next week before I leave, so I'm glad I don't have to stress too much over preparing for class or studying.

When tutoring was over, I walked home because it was just another beautiful day so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. The walk home was nice, but took a while again because I kept stopping to look at things or take pictures. I got some ice cream in a cone today! I got chocolate and some pink flavor which tasted kind of like strawberry but I don't actually think it was...it was interesting but good. I also bought a few earrings and necklace from these two little Chinese girls who had a table of jewelry out on the sidewalk where I was walking. They were so cute and actually had some cool pieces of jewelry. I wish I had taken their pictures.


I got home and relaxed and studied a little, then went out for dinner. I got some rice and egg and tomatoes and potatoes. The egg and tomato dish is a really popular thing here, and it has been one of my favorite things to eat in China. The dish I had tonight wasn't as good as when my host family makes it, but it was still decent.


Tomorrow I'm going to the Summer Palace and Old Summer Palace with people from Lotus. The place is HUGE and apparently very beautiful. Kunming Hu (Kunming Lake) is right near it as well. I can't wait to go and see the architecture and nature; it should be very nice, especially since tomorrow will be another sunny day, even though it will be pretty hot.

Then Sunday I'm going to church again, my last time here in Beijing! Hopefully I'll get to visit the church again someday. They are looking for people to teach English there, so maybe I could do something like that one day, it might be exciting and fun.

Other than that, I just plan on studying and maybe doing a little more shopping. Jing Jing and my host mom aren't here this weekend. My host mom is on business in southern China and Jing Jing went down to be with her today and won't return until Monday. My host dad still isn't home from work, and probably won't be home for a while. I'm not sure how much I'll see of him this week with me being gone most of tomorrow and part of Sunday.

This is my last weekend here, so I am going to try to make the most of it. I'm sure it will be fun and exciting. I'll update you all tomorrow on my adventure to the Summer Palace. Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment