Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 21: August 16, 2011

Today was the most beautiful day in Beijing.

I woke up to this wonderful sky:


From there the day got better and better. I  wasn't expecting the sun to last, but even when I was finished with tutoring it was still beautiful outside. This is near campus. Look, the sun is finally out, I can see it!


Another view of the great blue sky as I walked home from class.


Finally, I saw my first sunset in Beijing. Well, the first one I can remember so clearly, at least.


Overall, a beautiful day that made me really happy. I hope tomorrow's weather is as good as today's, but I have a feeling the smog cloud will be back by morning.
I took advantage of the weather today to walk home, and stopped in a few shops along the way. I bought a few books in Chinese! Two are kid books, which I'm going to try to read in the near future. The other two are more advanced books and so it will take me a long time to read them. But I figured what better way to learn new words and sentence structures than to attempt to read a familiar book in Chinese? Hopefully I will eventually be able to understand even the difficult books I bought.
I'm exhausted, so I'm going to bed. Everyone have a great day!
p.s. I'm only here for 9 more days! All of a sudden the time flew by and my remaining days are in single digits now!

No comments:

Post a Comment