Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 28: August 23, 2011

Tomorrow is my last full day in China. I am very sad that my trip is coming to an end, but I think I am ready to go home all the same.

But before I get home, I still have more adventures to tell you about! Today was another wonderful day. This morning I walked to BLCU. It took me about an hour, but probably because I stopped and looked at things and took more pictures. I have officially taken over 1,200 pictures now.

When I got to BLCU, I went to my classroom building and studied for a little. Apparently we had class this morning...which I had no idea about until I saw some of my classmates emerge from the classroom when the bell rang for break after the first hour. So I went to my classroom and people were there! We were just reviewing the test, so it's not like I missed anything very crucial. I did pretty well on my exam, but wish I did better. I guess that's what I get for not studying and going out to see Beijing instead. But oh well, this was a once in a life opportunity so I'm glad I spent it exploring rather than studying to get a perfect grade, which I can do any time in the U.S.

After "class" ended, I still had to wait around to take my oral exam. The exam was actually very easy. I just had to read a few sentences, answer a few questions, and talk about a topic (which I was given 10 minutes to prepare for!). When this was over, I read for a little bit and then headed over to the Lotus office to call my parents and go to Silk Street.

Two people from Lotus and another student and I went to Silk Street market. The place is indoors and huge! There were tons more foreign people there, too. It was a good thing I had the Chinese people from Lotus, because they helped me bargain and get a lot better deals than I probably would have on my own. I bought too many things again, but I had to get some last-minute gifts for people I hadn't gotten anything for yet. I hope everything will fit in my suitcases all right, but I think I can manage.

I got home at around 6:30 tonight and have just been hanging out and reading since then. Tomorrow I apparently have class again, though I have no idea what we're supposed to do since we already took our test...Then I have the closing ceremony with Lotus, and at night a get-together with my class from BLCU to have dinner and I think receive transcripts. My last day is going to be sad but fun, and then I will head home on Thursday. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

A note to end on: The thing I'm most excited about when I get home (besides seeing everyone) is eating cereal with cold milk. I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment