Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 17: August 12, 2011

Nothing much new to report today. I got my voice back finally, but it's really weird sounding and not all the way better. Also, my nose is now stuffy, so I'm just getting a cold. Wish I wasn't sick, but nothing much I can do about it except take medicine and blow my nose a lot.

Today's class went all right. I'm really glad it's Friday so I can relax some and catch up on reviewing the lessons. Too many characters to remember in too short of a time period! But I'll have to do some studying/preparing at some point this weekend if I want to be ready for next week's classes and then the test the following week.

Tomorrow I want to go to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I asked Jing Jing, but she can't go...and I don't have any friends here. So maybe I will wait and go next weekend, but I really want to get out and see some things and not be stuck at home all day. I just wish I had someone to go with. But it's hard to make friends with the people in my classes when I don't live on campus and when they also don't speak English. Oh well, I will have to figure out something else to do if I don't go to Tiananmen and the City. Maybe I can go shopping or ask my host mom to take me somewhere exciting if she's not busy.

It's very hard to be here with not really anyone to talk to. My host parents don't get home until very late most nights (10pm or later), and I haven't seen my host mom since Sunday night, except in passing. Hopefully this weekend we will get to talk more. Maybe tomorrow I will go to the shops down the street and try to talk to the owners there, or wait at the bus stop and talk to people, just so I can get some practice in and have something to do.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll try to make the best of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment