Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 25: August 20, 2011

Hi everyone. I am completely exhausted! I am about to go to bed even though it's pretty early here, but I'll write a quick post for you all to read.

Today I woke up very early, around 6am (as usual). I just hung out, studied a little, and read a little. Then I got ready and went to Lotus to meet Zoey and Linda to take me to the Summer Palace. I walked there again, and on the way there were so many people selling breakfast things. I ate before I left, but I really just could not pass up eating that egg pancake thing again, especially since there were so many stand selling them, so I got one again. Tomorrow morning on my way to church I will probably buy another for breakfast.

I got to Lotus and we took the bus to the Summer Palace. It was absolutely beautiful! I loved it. The Kunming Hu (Kunming Lake) was gorgeous and made everything else there beautiful. There were so many trees and plants, and the lotus plants were in the water. It was very beautiful and peaceful, and I really enjoyed seeing the architecture and being surrounded by more nature. One downside was that it was extremely crowded, but it didn't bother me too much.

The best part about the Summer Palace (besides the lake) was Suzhou Street. It is this really cool area of the palace where shops and a small path surround a small body of water. You walk around the whole path and there were even restaurants and stuff along the way. I bought a lot of things today, especially at Suzhou Street. I got a few things for my parents and sisters and friends. Then for myself I got a calligraphy set, a necklace with my Chinese name on it, and a t-shirt that says Beijing in Chinese characters.

After the Summer Palace, I took the subway home. Then I showered and hung out for a little bit. Around 6:30 I met the Chinese guy I met the other day and we went to dinner. We just walked up the street to a restaurant. We got noodles, dumplings, cooked cabbage in spicy sauce, another cold noodle dish, spinach pancakes, and some desert pastry with fruit in it. I also drank this weird drink that is a combination of beans and watermelon or something. It was actually pretty good. I am so full now, I don't think I can ever eat again!

Tomorrow I'm going to church and then I have to study for the rest of the day since I didn't study too much today. I really don't want to study, though...I just want to take my test and be done with it! Hopefully I will do all right on it. I think I know enough and can remember enough to get a good grade.

Well, until tomorrow. Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment