Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 26: August 21, 2011

Today was another wonderful day! I am starting to love it here a lot. I don't think I could live here (mostly because of pollution and the fact that there are way too many people), but I definitely want to come back some day.

This morning I slept in until 7:30! Woohoo! Then I got up and attempted to study for a little bit, but it didn't work very well. I left for church at around 9:30. Mass started at 10:30, and once it was over I went to the little shop they have at the church. I bought a really beautiful cross and also a New Testament in Chinese and English. Then I came back home and had some lunch, then attempted to study again. After about a half hour, I started to get extremely sleepy, to the point where I couldn't even keep my eyes open, so I rested for a little bit. Then back to study for about 2 hours.

When it was dinner time, I took the bus up the street to the WuDaoKou stop, just a stop away from my university here. There are a lot of shops and restaurants there, so I stopped in a restaurant and ate some rice, tofu, and vegetables. The tofu part was so spicy!! It was good, but just really really spicy. When I was done eating, I walked around a little and got some ice cream. There were a lot of stands open where people were selling things, and I got a few books and a new ring for really cheap. I almost bought a purse, but I don't think I liked it enough to get it. The girl said she would be there tomorrow too, so if I change my mind I can always go back. When I was looking at all the stands, all of a sudden the people started freaking out and everyone left! I was like, what is going on? Then I realized the police had come, and so everyone scrammed. I guess that they weren't supposed to be selling stuff there, for whatever reason, but people got out of there real fast when the police showed up.

After looking around, I took the bus back to my host family's apartment. Now I've just been trying to study again (which is proving very difficult), and watching a little TV. They had an English movie with Chinese voice-over, so I was watching that. Now I just put another Chinese show on to have some background noise while I study. I only have two more chapters to review. I really need to get through it so I can go to bed. I feel like I should review again, or go back to the parts I had problems with, but I really don't want to! I'll try to look over it once more, and then hopefully I will be ready for the test.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment