Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 30: August 25, 2011

My last morning and afternoon in Beijing. I get picked up in two hours to go to the airport. Then through security and checking my bag and waiting around a few hours to board the flight. Then the long plane ride home.

I am so sad that I have to leave. I can't believe my time here is over! I really want to come back, so hopefully some day I will be able to. This last day half day itself has been enjoyable. I had some breakfast with my family and said goodbye. Then I went out to buy them some flowers as a thank-you, and when I got back, Jing Jing was here again! She didn't have to go to work today because of something with her classmates, so she is here. She already made me some special green tea and gave me some to take home, and also gave me some popular Chinese sweets to take home for everyone to try. We are going to have lunch together in a little while, and then I will be on my way.

It's so sad :( I don't want to go! I wish I had more time here. My family has been great to me and so has everyone at Lotus. I am so glad I came on this trip because I got to see so many things and experience so much great culture, people, and food. Especially food! So much food!

Here are a few last pictures for you all to look at. I have tons more, so if you are interested in seeing them, let me know and I can show them all to you. It would just take way too long to download them on this blog or anywhere else because there are over 1500. But anyone who wants to see more of them, just let me know and I'll share them with you.

The next time you hear from me, I'll be in the U.S. I might do one last blog post as a reflection of being in America again. But if not, then thank you all for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it!

The flowers I got for my family as a thank-you

Chao Chao and I :)

Near BLCU at night

The feast we had with our class last night

Dumplings I made at Lotus yesterday

Delicious delicacies at the supermarket ;)

Weird-flavored Oreos at the supermarket

No comments:

Post a Comment